American (1871 - 1951) Primary
Madame De Grangeville1904
9 3/8 in. x 6 3/8 in. (23.81 cm x 16.19 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- fans - Hand-held implements used to produce a current of air or that serve as purely decorative accessories; may be rigid or collapsible.
- sitting - The act of placing oneself upon an object or the ground so that the weight of the body is on the posterior. Term may modify a representation of a figure in a seated posture.
- tinting - The action of imparting a color or shade to another material.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Plate Dimensions: 9 3/8 x 6 3/8 in. (23.813 x 16.193 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOMVE" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints" and [Object]Country of Creation is "United States".View current selection of records as: