Hair Ornament19th century - early 20th century
7 11/16 in. x 1 3/8 in. x 1/8 in. (19.5 cm x 3.5 cm x 0.25 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- hair ornaments - Term generally applied to various types of ornaments, such as hairpins and combs, worn by men or women.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- metal - Any of a large group of substances that typically show a characteristic luster, are good conductors of electricity and heat, are opaque, can be fused, and are usually malleable or ductile.
- ornaments - Decorative forms or embellishments that are an integral part of a building or object but are not essential to its structure. Refers also to decorative objects attached to or worn by humans and animals. For objects signifying an honor bestowed upon an individual, usually worn on the person, see "decorations." Regarding techniques of embellishment in general, see "decoration (process)."
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOORF" and [Object]Display Artist is ".View current selection of records as: