Bead for Mandarin Hat Finial
1 1/4 x 1 1/8 x 1 in. (3.175 x 2.858 x 2.54 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2022.11.23
Geography: Asia, China
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Adornments
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- accessories - Objects or devices that are not essential in themselves but add to the beauty, convenience, or effectiveness of other things, as, for example, to costume or automobiles.
- beads - Refers to small objects, of any shape or material, pierced so that they may be strung or hung or attached, as by sewing.
- Chinese - The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- clothing - Coverings for the torso, limbs, hands, feet, and head for warmth, fashion, or to cover nudity. It generally excludes other items of costume such as jewelry, crowns, and other accessories that are purely decorative or symbolic and have no practical function.
- finials - Ornaments which terminate the point of a spire, pinnacle, or other vertical member; found on furniture as well as architecture.
- hats - Shaped coverings for the head having a brim and crown, or one of the two.
- mandarins - Officials in any of the senior grades of the former imperial Chinese civil service. Mandarins were chosen by examination, and there were nine grades, each of which was distinguished by a distinctive round ornament or button on top of the official headgear.
- stone - General term for rock that has been cut, shaped, crushed, or otherwise formed for use in construction or other purposes. Includes the specific archaeological and anthropological sense of individual stones which may be decorated or ornamented and which may be used in ritual contexts. These are usually not carved or dressed, and so differ from sculptures made from stone.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOQGF" and [Object]Country of Creation is "China".View current selection of records as: