Pair of Black Shoes with Satin-Stitch Embroidered White Crane on HeelsLikely ca. 1930
5.25 x 2.5 x 8 in. (13.335 x 6.35 x 20.32 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Chinese - The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- embroidering - Refers to the process in which a needle and thread or fine wire are used to stitch decorative designs into cloth, leather, paper, or other material. It may also refer to the process used to create machine-made imitations of hand-made embroidery. For the weft patterning technique of weaving raised patterns on a woven textile, use "brocading."
- embroidery - Refers to works characterized by a pattern or design executed in stitches using thread or fine wire. The designs are typically executed on textiles, but leather, paper, or another media may also be used; the designs may be intended to be framed, or to decorate apparel, bed linens, furniture coverings, pillows, altar cloths, ceremonial hangings, or other items.
- shoes - Footwear with a relatively stiff sole and heel, and generally covering the foot at or below the ankle joint.
- silk - Textile made from silk fiber, which is a fiber derived from the cocoon of the silkworm moth.
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOSSA" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Chinese, Asian".View current selection of records as: