Miniature Shoes with Attached Leggings20th century
5 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 3 in. (13.97 x 3.81 x 7.62 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- cloth - Generally, textile that is woven, felted, knit, pounded, or otherwise made into a flat piece. For textile in the form of continuous strands made from filaments of fiber by reeling, spinning, twisting, or throwing, see "yarn."
- embroidering - Refers to the process in which a needle and thread or fine wire are used to stitch decorative designs into cloth, leather, paper, or other material. It may also refer to the process used to create machine-made imitations of hand-made embroidery. For the weft patterning technique of weaving raised patterns on a woven textile, use "brocading."
- footwear - Coverings for the feet that sometimes extend above the ankle; generally made of durable materials. Distinguished from "hosiery," which is primarily leg coverings.
- miniature - Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- shoes - Footwear with a relatively stiff sole and heel, and generally covering the foot at or below the ankle joint.
- stockings - Hosiery that covers the foot and extends to the knee or above; can be heavy or lightweight.
The following Comparanda exist for this object:
- Dorothy Ko, Every Step a Lotus: Shoes for Bound Feet (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2001),
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOSSA".View current selection of records as: