William Lee Hankey
British (1869 - 1952) Primary
La BagueLate 19th century to mid-20th century
8 7/8 in. x 5 in. (22.54 cm x 12.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- rings - Small circular bands worn on the finger; typically circlets of real or simulated precious metal, and frequently set with precious stones or imitations of these, intended for wearing upon the finger either as an ornament or as a token.
- standing - For a person or bipedal animal, having the torso in an erect position supported by straight legs. For a quadrupedal animal, having the body supported by four straight legs. For an object, positioned in an erect, upright position, perhaps having the support of a base or stand, but without the support of a wall or other attached architectural element.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Plate Dimensions: 8 7/8 x 5 in. (22.543 x 12.7 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOUUF".View current selection of records as: