|Showing 1 of 1||
Epaulet or Shoulder DecorationSpanish Colonial
1534 - 1810
13 x 7 x 1/16 in. (33 x 17.8 x 0.2 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- brocading - Weft patterning technique of weaving raised patterns on a woven textile. For the process of stitching decorative designs into cloth, leather, or paper by hand or machine, use "embroidering."
- clothing - Coverings for the torso, limbs, hands, feet, and head for warmth, fashion, or to cover nudity. It generally excludes other items of costume such as jewelry, crowns, and other accessories that are purely decorative or symbolic and have no practical function.
- embroidering - Refers to the process in which a needle and thread or fine wire are used to stitch decorative designs into cloth, leather, paper, or other material. It may also refer to the process used to create machine-made imitations of hand-made embroidery. For the weft patterning technique of weaving raised patterns on a woven textile, use "brocading."
- geometric patterns
- Peruvian - Of or belonging to the nation of Peru or its people.
- textiles - General term for carpets, fabrics, costume, or other works made of textile materials, which are natural or synthetic fibers created by weaving, felting, knotting, twining, or otherwise processing. For works of art or high craft that employ textile as a medium, prefer "textile art (visual works)."
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOVSK" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Artifact Remnants" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Peruvian".View current selection of records as: