American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Bearded Man with Giant Insectsca. 1923
2 1/8 in. x 4 in. (5.4 cm x 10.16 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- hats - Shaped coverings for the head having a brim and crown, or one of the two.
- Insecta - Members of a class containing over 1,000,000 species characerized by a body divided into head, thorax, and abdomen; head with one pair of antennae, mouthparts consisting of a pair of mandibles and two pairs of maxillae, several pairs of legs, and often wings.
- staffs - Long sticks carried in the hand for support in walking.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Image Dimensions: 2 1/8 x 4 in. (5.398 x 10.16 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BPQMW".View current selection of records as: