Late 19th century - early 20th century
3 3/4 in. (9.53 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- boxes - Rigid, often rectangular containers usually with a lid or cover in which something nonliquid is kept or carried.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Meiji - Period and style that coincides with the rule of emperor Mutsuhito, called Meiji, from 1868 to 1912. The period is characterized by a transformation from feudalism to a modern industrial state, taking western nations as a model. After the Vienna Exposition of 1873, artists were encouraged to produce traditional arts and crafts for export, such as carvings in wood and ivory and laquer. The art of the period also saw the influence of western art and architecture.
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Wood 18
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BRXSI".View current selection of records as: