- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- A vessel or stand in or on which incense is burnt for the purpose of scenting a space, whether or not the action also has a ceremonial purpose. For containers, often in the form of a covered vase or sometimes in the form of a tripod, that hold perfumes or pastilles, use "cassolettes."
- Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- A type of pottery midway between earthenware and porcelain being made of clay and a fusible stone. It is fired to a point where partial vitrification renders it impervious to liquids, but, unlike porcelain, it is very seldom more than faintly translucent. The vitrification makes it unnecessary to add a glaze, but for reasons of utility and appearance decorative glazes are sometimes used, such as salt glaze and lead glaze.
Click an image to view a larger version
Diameter of mouth
Dimensions: 3 1/4 x 3 1/16 in. (8.255 x 7.779 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: