|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
Religious Events #1Early 19th century to mid 19th century
4 5/8 in. x 6 7/8 in. (11.75 cm x 17.46 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- pastoral - Genre that depicts or evokes idyllic life in the country; in works of pictorial art, often scenes of shepherds and shepherdesses in idealized arcadian landscapes.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- Sheet Dimensions: 4 5/8 x 6 7/8 in. (11.748 x 17.463 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints" and [Object]Century is "19th century".View current selection of records as: