American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Elephant with Childrenca. 1923
2 1/8 in. x 5 in. (5.4 cm x 12.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.168.n
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- children - People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Image Dimensions: 2 1/8 x 5 in. (5.398 x 12.7 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints".View current selection of records as: