American (1871 - 1951) Primary
The Show Case1905
4 7/8 in. x 6 7/8 in. (12.38 cm x 17.46 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- corsets - Smoothly fitted undergarments extending from or below the bust down to the waist or below, stiffened by strips of steel or whalebone, or with casing for a busk, sometimes limbered by elastic goring, sometimes tightened by lacing, and fastened by hooks. It is usually worn by women for support and molding of the figure including the ribcage and possibly the hips.
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- storefronts - Facades of stores or store buildings fronting a street and usually containing window display spaces. Facades of stores or store buildings fronting a street and usually containing window display spaces.
- Mirrors and Masks: Reflections and Constructions of the Self Bryn Mawr College , Mar 23, 2017 – Jun 4, 2017
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 in. (12.383 x 17.463 cm)
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 138. Figure Number: 129
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Country of Creation is "United States" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "American" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Sloan".View current selection of records as: