American (1871 - 1951) Primary
Monsieur Le Comte's Fireworks Explode1904
4 3/8 in. x 5 7/8 in. (11.11 cm x 14.92 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- orators - Those who deliver speeches, are skilled in eloquence and rhetorical skill, or are proficient in public speaking.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 4 3/8 x 5 7/8 in. (11.113 x 14.923 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/19/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/19/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 103. Figure Number: 99
Monsieur Le Comte's Fireworks Explode
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Sloan".View current selection of records as: