American (1871 - 1951) Primary
5 7/8 in. x 4 1/4 in. (14.92 cm x 10.8 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- musicians - Those skilled or specializing in the art or practice of music, such as composers, conductors, and performers.
- stores - Buildings, either small or large, offering merchandise for retail sale.
- vellum - Paper made from high-grade rag pulp with a treated surface generally in imitation of parchment.
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 5 7/8 x 4 1/4 in. (14.923 x 10.795 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 69. Figure Number: 64
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is ".View current selection of records as: