American (1871 - 1951) Primary
Connoisseurs of Prints1905
5 in. x 7 in. (12.7 cm x 17.78 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- art galleries - Establishments in which works of art are displayed for sale.
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 5 x 7 in. (12.7 x 17.78 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 135. Figure Number: 127
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "American" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Sloan".View current selection of records as: