American (1871 - 1951) Primary
5 in. x 6 7/8 in. (12.7 cm x 17.46 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- hurdy-gurdies - Mechanically bowed portable chordophones having a set of melody and drone strings, a resin-coated wood wheel rotated by a crank to bow the strings, and a keyboard with tangents that bear on the melody strings when depressed.
- streetscapes - Use to designate the physical environment of the streets including such elements as structures, open spaces, and vegetation.
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 5 x 6 7/8 in. (12.7 x 17.463 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 139. Figure Number: 130
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "American" and [Object]Display Artist is "John Sloan".View current selection of records as: