Herman I. Bacharach
American (active 1899 - 1976) Primary
Corn Dancers1899 - 1976
15.75 x 14.35 in. (40.005 x 36.449 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1991.5
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Culture/Nationality: Native American
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- color woodcuts - Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- dancers - Those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession.
- Native American - Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- performing artists - People who practice the performing arts, such as such as singers, actors, dancers, acrobats, magicians, circus performers, comedians, etc. For persons who make performance art, considered a fine art and often seen in a museum, see "performance artists."
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- rattles - Shaken idiophones made in a variety of forms worldwide, in which one or more objects strike against each other or against the inside or outside of another object.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 15.75 x 14.35 in. (40.005 x 36.449 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSZRE".View current selection of records as: