|Showing 1 of 1||
Pair of Cups
1 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. (circumference) (3.81 cm x 6.35 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2005.6.61.a-b
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Containers and Vessels; Vessels; Cups
Collection: Elizabeth Gray Vining '23 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- cups - Open bowl-shaped vessels, used chiefly for drinking, often having one handle, but sometimes two handles or none, generally on a low foot-ring; also includes similar bowl-shaped vessels, generally without handles, resting on a stem and supported by a spreading foot. Occasionally made with a lid.
- enamels - Visual works in the medium of enamel, which is a semi-transparent or opaque vitreous, porcelain-like coating; enamels are typically set into a metalwork support. Often reserved for works that depict figures or scenes. For vessels and other objects that are coated with protective enamel but are generally not considered art works, use "enamelware."
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUMFK" and [Object]Display Artist is ".View current selection of records as: