|Showing 1 of 1||
Edward Willis Redfield
American (active Bridgeville, DE, 1869 - 1965) Primary
Wooded Landscape in Winter1896
Oil on canvas
21 in. x 28 1/4 in. (53.34 cm x 71.76 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.454
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
This object has the following keywords:
- canvas - Closely woven textile made in various weights, usually of flax, hemp, jute, or cotton, used especially for sails, tarpaulins, awnings, upholstery, bags, and as a support for oil painting.
- forests - Historically, refers to wilderness areas outside the scope of common law but within the legislation of kings and reserved for royal activities; more recently, used to designate extensive wooded areas, whether maintained for the production of timber or unmanaged and preserving a wilderness of dense growth and wild animal habitats. For forests in the context of a plant community rather than as a cultural landscape, use "forests (plant communities)."
- North American - Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- winter - Usually the coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- The Pennsylvania Landscape: Colonial to Comtemporary Haverford College , Mar 2, 2007 – Apr 1, 2007
- Framed Dimensions: 21 x 28 1/4 in. (53.34 x 71.755 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
The Pennsylvania Landscape: Colonial to Contemporary
The Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery, Haverford College.
Haverford, PA, 2007
Page Number: 2, 13, 50-51, Figure Number: Cover, 23
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUPHP" and [Object]Display Artist is "Edward Willis Redfield".View current selection of records as: