|Showing 1 of 1||
William Merritt Chase
American (1849 - 1916) Primary
James E. Rhoads, M.D.ca. 1890
Oil on canvas
55 x 48.25 x 3 in. (139.7 x 122.555 x 7.62 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.25
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
On View: Bryn Mawr College, Taylor Hall, First Floor
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- canvas - Closely woven textile made in various weights, usually of flax, hemp, jute, or cotton, used especially for sails, tarpaulins, awnings, upholstery, bags, and as a support for oil painting.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- presidents - Appointed or elected heads of groups, states, or organizations. Included are elected officials serving as both chief of state and chief political executive in a republic having a presidential government. Also included are the heads of organizations such as banks, clubs, and corporations when used as the official job title for those positions.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Framed Dimensions: 55 x 48.25 x 3 in. (139.7 x 122.555 x 7.62 cm)
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
Ronald G. Pisano,
William Merritt Chase: The Complete Catalogue of Known and Documented Work by William Merritt Chase (1849-1916), Vol. 2: Portraits in Oil
Yale University Press.
New Haven and London, 2007
Page Number: 114, Figure Number: OP.207
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUPHP" and [Object]Display Artist is "William Merritt Chase".View current selection of records as: