American (1855 - 1942) Primary
Miss Marion Reilly, Dean of Bryn Mawr College (1907-1916)November 1918
Oil on canvas
39 1/4 in. x 26 1/4 in. (99.7 cm x 66.68 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.26
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
This object has the following keywords:
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Cecilia Beaux: American Figure Painter Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts , Jan 14, 2008 – Apr 30, 2008
- Cecilia Beaux and the Art of Portraiture National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution , Oct 6, 1995 – Jan 28, 1996
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Tara Leigh Tappert,
Cecilia Beaux and the Art of Portraiture
Smithsonian Institution Press.
Washington, DC, 1995
Page Number: 128-129
The Paintings and Drawings of Cecilia Beaux
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
Philadelphia, PA, 1955
Page Number: 88, 90
High Museum of Art, University of California Press.
Berkeley, CA, 2007
Page Number: 95, Figure Number: 84
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUPHP" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is ".View current selection of records as: