Susan Macdowell Eakins
American (1851 - 1938) Primary
Oil on canvas
23 1/4 in. x 27 1/4 in. (59.06 cm x 69.22 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.6.121
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
Collection: Seymour Adelman Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Susan Macdowell Eakins (1851-1938) Woodmere Art Museum , Sep 16, 2001 – Dec 9, 2001
- Framed Dimensions: 23 1/4 x 27 1/4 in. (59.055 x 69.215 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Emily Croll.
Worlds to Discover.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 2010
Page Number: 4
James Tanis, Ph.D.
and Cynthia Ozick.
Seymour Adelman, 1906-1985.
Bryn Mawr College Library.
Bryn Mawr, PA, 1985
Page Number: 33
- Marianne Hansen, ed. "An Eakins - But Which Eakins?." Mirabile Dictu: The Bryn Mawr College Library Newsletter 19 (Fall 2016):
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUPHP" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is ".View current selection of records as: