Relief, Phigaleia, Frieze
7 1/2 x 11 in. (19.05 x 27.94 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2014.7.41
Geography: Europe, Greece
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Photographs; Photographic Prints
This object has the following keywords:
- frieze components - Parts or components of friezes.
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent. The concept does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "
" are more appropriate. The concept may include photographs made by digital means.
- relief - Use to describe a surface that has been carved, molded, or stamped so that an image or design projects from or is sunk into a continuous surface.
- reliefs - Sculptures in which the ornaments or figures are attached to a background from which they stand out to a greater or lesser degree. Reliefs are often used as architectural decoration and because of their capacity for narration they are often used for pictorial narrative purposes.
- Image Dimensions: 7 1/2 x 11 in. (19.05 x 27.94 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUPQK" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Greece".View current selection of records as: