American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
2 7/8 in. x 1 5/8 in. (7.3 cm x 4.13 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.140
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- bookplates - Labels affixed to a book to indicate ownership and often its location in a collection. They may be printed or engraved, frequently with a distinctive design, pasted or tipped into books on the inside of the upper cover.
- books - Items comprising a collection of leaves of paper, parchment, wood, stiffened textile, ivory, metal tablets, or other flat material, that are blank, written on, or printed, and are strung or bound together in a volume.
- leaf - Material comprising leaves, which are the expanded, usually green organs borne by the stem of a plant.
- wood engravings - Prints made using the process of wood engraving, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the grain end of a wood block; distinct from "woodcut (process)," which is a relief process using the plank side of a wood block.
- Plate Dimensions: 2 7/8 x 1 5/8 in. (7.303 x 4.128 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUVLU".View current selection of records as: