Standing Buddha Composed of Miniature Sutra Text
13 3/8 in. (34 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2011.27.24
Geography: Asia, China
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Buddhas - Representations in any medium of Gautama Buddha.
- Chinese - The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- scroll paintings - Refers to paintings having a long, narrow scroll format. Term is often used in the context of Chinese and Japanese paintings on either hanging scrolls (kakemono, if Japanese) or on handscrolls (emakimono, if Japanese). For written documents on long, rolled strips, see "scrolls (information artifacts)."
- scrolls - Long strips of flexible material used for written documents and rolled for ease of handling and storage. For paintings on either hanging scrolls or handscrolls, use "scroll paintings."
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BUYYY" and [Object]Period/Era/Dynasty is ".View current selection of records as: