American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Head with Bow1954
2 in. x 1 7/8 in. (5.08 cm x 4.76 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.215
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- arrows - Projectiles generally consisting of a straight, slender shaft with a sharp point or carrying a sharp edged or pointed head of stone or metal, shot from a bow. More developed versions also have flights near the butt to stabilize their trajectory.
- bows - Stringed projectile weapons designed to propel arrows, generally consisting of a long stave of wood, metal, fiberglass, or other flexible material, with a length of strong string fastened to the tips of the stave which is bent in a curve, either permanently or from the tension of the string. The string is drawn back, holding the arrow by means of a notch in its rear tip, and propels the arrow upon release.
- greeting cards - Cards often imprinted with messages and suitable illustrations, sent or given on special occasions or holidays.
- heads - Representations of the heads of humans, animals, or mythical or legendary beings.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Image Dimensions: 2 x 1 7/8 in. (5.08 x 4.763 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BVNNM".View current selection of records as: