- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Nationality, styles, and cultures of the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Referring to the sex that normally produces eggs or female germ cells.
- Style and culture of the African ethnic group of the same name inhabiting the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Refers to permanent marks, such as symbols, patterns, or other designs, made on human skin by scarring, done for social or cultural reasons or for personal decoration.
Click an image to view a larger version
Related Bibliography List
The following Related Bibliography exist for this object:
University of California, Los Angeles, Fowler Museum,
Visions of Africa: The Jerome L. Joss Collection of African Art at UCLA
(Los Angeles, California: University of California Fowler Museum, 1994),
Figure Number: 43
Art and Power in the Central African Savanna: Luba, Songye, Chokwe, Luluwa
(Cleveland, Ohio: The Cleveland Museum of Art, 2008),
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: