- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Africa, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Nationality, styles, and culture of the people of the nation of the République centrafricaine.
- Shell of any of numerous marine gastropod mollusks of a family widely distributed in warm seas; beautifully polished, often brightly colored, and much used for ornament or as money.
- Describes works created by the African people of the same name living in the central Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Strong fiber from leafstalks of palms of the genus Raphia, native to Africa and other places. Raffia fibers are used in their natural state by splitting apart thick sections and knotting the ends together. The fibers are a pale cream color and are often dyed to bright colors. Raffia is used to make skirts, woven into baskets, hats, bags, and mats. It is also used to make a fine grade of paper similar to Japanese papers.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: