- Any of various broad, relatively shallow, open vessels with a flat bottom, concave sides, and nearly level rim, sometimes having a cover; made of pottery, glass, metal, wood or another material and used especially for holding or serving food. In modern usage it is typically reserved for vessels at a dining table used for serving or holding food other than the round, flat or very shallow object used by the person dining, which is called a "plate"; however, formerly the plate was also called a "dish."
- Refers to the artwork of the Haida-speaking North American Indians of what is now the Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia, Can., and the southern part of Prince of Wales Island, Alaska, U.S. The Alaskan Haida are called Kaigani.
- Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Sculptures in which the ornaments or figures are attached to a background from which they stand out to a greater or lesser degree. Reliefs are often used as architectural decoration and because of their capacity for narration they are often used for pictorial narrative purposes.
- The principal tissue of trees and other plants that provides both strength and a means of conducting nutrients. Wood is one of the most versatile materials known.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BATEH:BATEL:BATUG:BBKRX:BBPRH:BBPRT:BBRGC" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Canada" and [Object]Century is "20th century" and [Object]Display Artist is "Haida Bear".