- Refers to the period from about 2300 to 1900 BCE on the island of Cyprus. The art of the period is characterized by flat painted or incised terracotta figurines, vessels with scenes of daily life modeled around their outer rims, and the dominance of red-polished pottery.
- The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- Refers to the period from about 1900 to 1600 BCE on the island of Cyprus. The art of the period is characterized by a continuation of Early Cypriote styles including red-polished pottery and the production of flat painted or incised terracotta figurines some with modeled legs and arms.
- Process of rubbing a surface to make it smooth or shiny.
- Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
- Fine clay which, when mixed with water, results in a fluid with a creamlike consistency, used in casting, glazing, decorating, and repairing ceramic wares; in its natural state, it contains sufficient flux to be used for glazing and decorating without the need of additives. For ceramic glaze with a high content of slip, use "slip glaze."
Click an image to view a larger version
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/156997 |title=Early Cypriot or Middle Cypriot Rim Sherd of Black Polished Ware Bottle with Incised, Polished, and Slipped Decoration |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=9/23/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 19 of 25
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BATEH:BATEL:BATUG:BCDJA:BCIQV:BCJAO:BCJAS:BCJBH".