- Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- People in the earliest developmental stage of life.
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation.
- Women who have children, either biologically or by adoption.
- People who have children, either biologically or by adoption.
- Refers to works depicting realistic situations with tones of social protest, common especially in the 1930s and 1940s. For the representational art in Communist countries sanctioned by the government, use "Socialist Realist."
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 7 5/8 x 5 in. (19.368 x 12.7 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/187249 |title=Mutter mit Kind auf dem Arm [Mother with Child in Her Arms] |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=9/23/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 6 of 6
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BCVVM:BCVVQ:BCVVY:BCVWI:BCVXP:BCVZA:BCVZQ" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Germany".