- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- People who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, see "performing artists."
- Groups of individuals related by blood, marriage, adoption, or cohabitation.
- Refers to the culture of the island of Ireland, which is located west of England on the Irish Sea and is currently divided administratively between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. It often refers specifically to the Celtic culture of the island of Ireland.
- Prints made using the mezzotint process, in which the surface of the plate is methodically roughened with a rocker to produce a dark background; areas may then be lightened using various scrapers.