- Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Series of arches on the same plane and carried on piers, columns, or pilasters; either free-standing or attached to a wall (a "blind arcade"). The term is also used to denote a covered avenue with shops on one or both sides, which originally was set within an architectural arcade. Series of arches on the same plane and carried on piers, columns, or pilasters; either free-standing or attached to a wall (a "blind arcade"). The term is also used to denote a covered avenue with shops on one or both sides, which originally was set within an architectural arcade.
- Structural elements, typically curved, spanning openings and transmitting vertical loads to either side of the opening; also, structural elements or freestanding structures that resemble arches or act structurally like arches.
- Groups of two columns set closer together than others in a line, or otherwise forming a visual unit; for columns with interpenetrating shafts, use "doubled columns."
gelatin silver prints
- Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- Frames, usually of wood or metal, consisting of two side pieces called stiles which are connected by crosspieces, usually round, called rungs; used as a means of climbing up or down.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 9 5/8 x 5 7/8 in. (244.475 x 149.225 mm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: