- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Long zithers with a slightly convex soundboard and flat bottom, having 13 silk or nylon strings each passing over its own movable, V-shaped bridge; it is considered the national instrument of Japan.
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 13 7/8 x 9 13/16 in. (35.243 x 24.977 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/162523 |title=The actors Ichikawa Kuzô II and Onoe Kikujirô II (Scene from the drama "Hade Kurabe Ise Monogatari") |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=9/26/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 12 of 19
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BCVVM:BCVVQ:BCVVY:BCXHB:BCXJB" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Japan".