- The discipline having to do with ballet, which is artistic dance in which stylized poses and steps are combined with light and flowing figures and movements, such as leaps and turns; often combined with music, scenery, costume, and sometimes pantomime or speech to convey a story, theme, or atmosphere to the audience.
- Discipline involving the study of dancing and movement, including performance.
- Those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession.
- The quality or state in a painting or of an object due to the use of optical illusions, manipulated surfaces, or discordantly juxtaposed images.
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 21.75 x 17 in. (55.245 x 43.18 cm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: