- Cessation of life processes of all living organisms, but particularly refers to the act as it occurs in individual human beings.
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/161633 |title=Ulysses Returns to Ithaca from Homer's Odyssey, Chapter XXII |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=7/29/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 3 of 24
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BEUUP:BFFUD:BFFUG:BFKSM:BFKTT".