- Individual instances of armed conflict between two or more groups.
- Cessation of life processes of all living organisms, but particularly refers to the act as it occurs in individual human beings.
- Refers to the culture of the modern country of England, or in general to cultures that have occupied the southern part of the island of Great Britain, usually excluding Wales. It may refer to the the culture of the Angles, one of the Teutonic peoples who settled in Britain in fifth century CE. The term is occasionally used to refer to the culture of the entire nation of the United Kingdom, although technically England is an administrative subdivision of the United Kingdom.
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/161043 |title=The Sortie made by the Garrison of Gibralter in the Morning of the 27 of November 1781 |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=7/29/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 8 of 24
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BEUUP:BFFUD:BFFUG:BFKSM:BFKTT".