- Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
Early Bronze Age
- Refers to the earliest phase of Bronze Age cultures, which developed differently in different regions, either from Chalcolithic or Neolithic technologies. It differs from the Middle and Late Bronze Age cultures primarily in metal assemblages and burial rites. It is characterized in part by the earliest experimentation with copper alloys to produce bronze, as well as the improvement of stone tools, and various other local cultural developments. Some scholars classify the Chalcolithic as the earliest phase of the Bronze Age.
- The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- Ware produced on the Greek mainland and dating from the Middle Helladic, characterized by wheelmade, angular shapes, and unornamented surfaces. The pottery was named by Schliemann after the legendary inhabitants of Orchomenus in central Greece, where he first came upon it; today it is believed unlikely that the Minyans were the original creators of Minyan ware
- Process of rubbing a surface to make it smooth or shiny.
- Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
- Fine clay which, when mixed with water, results in a fluid with a creamlike consistency, used in casting, glazing, decorating, and repairing ceramic wares; in its natural state, it contains sufficient flux to be used for glazing and decorating without the need of additives. For ceramic glaze with a high content of slip, use "slip glaze."
Click an image to view a larger version
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/155835 |title=Anatolian Body Sherd of Minyan Ware Jar with Polishing, Slip, and Incised Decoration |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=6/17/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 33 of 43
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:BGLWX:BGLXB:BGLXF:BGLXR:BGLXX:BGMSZ" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Turkey".