- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- Buildings or groups of buildings intended primarily to serve as a fortified residence of a prince or nobleman.
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Watercraft generally larger and more seaworthy than boats, usually propelled by sails or engines.
- Strips of land bordering large bodies of water; an example is area of land between the lowest low-water spring tide and the highest point of storm waves.
- Refers to two-dimensional works of art, usually on a paper support, to which pigment suspended in water is applied with a brush to create an image or design. Includes paintings using gouache, which is not technically watercolor paint. Watercolors are variously classified as drawings or paintings in collections.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 6 1/4 x 8 1/2 in. (15.875 x 21.59 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: