- Refers to the cultures of the area of Central America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, Mexico, and South America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Typically reserved to refer narrowly to the cultures of the native peoples of the United States and Canada, excluding the Eskimos and Aleuts. For the indigenous peoples of Canada use the term "First Nations." For the broader concept of the cultures of any native peoples of Central America, South America, North America, or the West Indies who are considered to belong to the Mongoloid division of the human species, use "Amerindian (culture)."
- Refers to the cultures of the continent of North America, which is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Arctic Circle, and Central America. In classifications schemes based on physical geography, Central America, and North America are parts of the same continent.
- Weights to be suspended from one end of plumb lines to determine verticality or to aid in locating points on the ground during surveying.
- Objects of known mass for use on scales during weighing.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: