- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Visual works made of ceramic, especially art works in the form of sculptures, vessels, and other decorative and utilitarian objects made of bone china, porcelain, or stoneware. For the general classification of anything made of ceramic, use "ceramic (object genre)."
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Covers for the opening at the top of a vessel or other receptacle, or which close the mouth of an aperture; lids may be detached or turned upon a hinge in order to give access to the interior.
- Copies of art images, art objects, decorative arts, or other valued images or objects, made without intent to deceive; with regard to art images, it includes photographic reproductions. The term implies more precise and faithful imitation than does the term "copies (derivative objects)." Where the intent is to deceive, see "forgeries" or "counterfeits." For prints copying other two-dimensional works, typically dating from before the widespread use of photography, use "reproductive prints."
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: