- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Rigid, often rectangular containers usually with a lid or cover in which something nonliquid is kept or carried.
- The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- Visual works made of or decorated with lacquer, which is paint or varnish that dries with a high gloss. Works are usually made of thin wood, then coated and decorated with lacquer applied in several coats. This dries to a very hard and smooth surface layer which is durable, waterproof, and attractive to feel and look at. Works of lacquer may be painted with pictures, inlaid with shell and other materials, carved, or dusted with gold and given other further decorative treatments.
- Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: