- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Visual works made of ceramic, especially art works in the form of sculptures, vessels, and other decorative and utilitarian objects made of bone china, porcelain, or stoneware. For the general classification of anything made of ceramic, use "ceramic (object genre)."
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Vessels of varying shape and size but which are usually taller than they are wide, varying greatly in actual form and use. In modern usage, typically refers to vessels for displaying flowers. When referring to ancient art, often refers to any ceramic or metal vessel in a range of shapes and used to hold liquids, grain, or another substance.
- Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
Click an image to view a larger version
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: