- The cultures, styles, and periods characteristic of China. To specifically refer to the cultures of ancient Chine, use "Ancient Chinese."
- Exact copies of an original object, usually in the same dimensions as the original, especially of books, documents, prints, and drawings. Today often reproduced photographically; in the past, reproduced by engraving or other printmaking process.
- Unique works in which images are formed primarily by the direct application of pigments suspended in oil, water, egg yolk, molten wax, or other liquid, arranged in masses of color, onto a generally two-dimensional surface.
- Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Refers to paintings having a long, narrow scroll format. Term is often used in the context of Chinese and Japanese paintings on either hanging scrolls (kakemono, if Japanese) or on handscrolls (emakimono, if Japanese). For written documents on long, rolled strips, see "scrolls (information artifacts)."
- Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/180356 |title=Traveling Along the River at First Snow by Zhao Gan |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=9/21/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YUBH:YUBI:YUBR:YUBV:ZQDL:ZSUC:ZSXC:ZTGU:ZTLG:ZTML" and [Object]Century is ".