- Prints produced from designs created by the aquatint process, by which a printing plate is covered with a coating and etched with acid so as to create a range of tonal values, often combined with line work. The resulting print resembling a watercolor.
- Images printed in two or more colors; if color is applied after printing, use "colored" (alternate of "coloring") + "prints." For color photographs, see "color prints (photographs)."
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes.
- Usually the coldest season of the year, occurring between autumn and spring.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 8 5/8 x 11 5/8 in. (21.908 x 29.528 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: