- Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Materials or preparation used for filling gaps, cracks, pores, holes, voids, or other losses or differences in grade in paintings, frames, sculpture, architectural elements, surfaces, volumes, and other objects of many kinds. Examples are dental plaster, mastic adhesive, plastic wood, gesso, steel stick, brummer stopper, spackle, wax, asphalt, concrete, etc.
- Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- Restoring to a whole by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken, or otherwise restoring to sound condition.
- Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: