British (1804 - 1867) Primary
The Descent from the CrossEarly - mid-19th century
Plate printed oil colors
10 1/2 in. x 7 3/4 in. (26.67 cm x 19.69 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.169
Geography: Europe, England
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- coloring - The process of adding color, or changing or altering the color of something, whether by penetrating, coating, or by electronic means. For the state of having color, use "colored (perceived attribute)."
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship.
- saints - People recognized by others as holy persons; in various religions, the dead who are believed to be in Heaven. In the Roman and Eastern Catholic churches, people who are formally recognized by the Church as having had exceptional holiness of life and therefore an exalted station in heaven, and who have often been formally canonized.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 10 1/2 x 7 3/4 in. (26.67 x 19.685 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "YZVM".View current selection of records as: